Here are some of our most frequently asked questions
What is executive coaching?
It is a high-impact process that empowers CEOs and other business leaders to understand their challenges and use their strengths to find solutions so that they can grow as leaders and grow their businesses. Executive Coaching is practical and results-oriented.
How long does coaching take to work?
This is determined by the individual needs of the client. Some clients need a minimum of six months to achieve a major change in their mindset and behaviour. Other clients can work with a coach for years to achieve and sustain an evolving set of personal and professional goals.
What does an executive coach do?
The goal of an executive coach is to help leaders reach their professional goals, overcome ongoing struggles, and ultimately set them up for success in the future. Executive coaches help their clients by:
- Serving as a trusted adviser and mentor who supports the executive in developing strategies to solve their problems and ultimately achieving peak performance.
- Providing structured and focused conversations to help them improve their job performance.
- Helping the executive manage stress, feel more self-confident, and develop effective leadership skills.
- Holding the client accountable for taking actions necessary to reach their own chosen goals.
What are the benefits of executive coaching?
Professional executive coaching can be hugely beneficial for clients. Benefits of executive coaching include:
- Improved alignment between personal and professional values
- Improved team performance
- Improved leadership communication skills
- Improved collaboration
- Improved self-awareness and empathy
- Improved team and company culture
- Improved coaching skills
Is executive coaching usually paid for by the company or the individual?
It varies. Some individuals will pay for themselves, while some companies will pay for their employees. You can talk to your company to find out if they offer assistance with executive coaching.
How can you measure the success of business coaching?
What you measure will depend on your goals. Some goals might have key performance indicators that you can evaluate at the beginning and end of the process, while other goals might be measured through one-on-one meetings with team members.
Ultimately, the success of any coaching is for you to commit and own your actions and results and acknowledge and address your “backdoors” that hold you back from unlocking the change you seek.
What does a typical executive coaching session look like?
You’ll establish a regular cadence of executive coaching sessions with your coach. These sessions will progress over time, starting with goal setting, strategy development, and reflection on your progress. With each session, talk to your coach about your challenges.
The role of the coach in these sessions is to create a psychologically safe environment for you to experience all the sensations of your body, emotions and language and provide you with unbiased views and serve as a sounding board.
What is team coaching?
Team coaching helps teams reach their goals while creating a sustainable environment that cultivates engagement, team health and success.
Team coaching goes deeper than facilitating conversations. It explores the dynamics of individual personalities and sub-groups and how they might affect team performance.
Our team coaching process helps teams align around a common purpose, establish an inspiring vision, create healthy team relationships, be accountable for behaviour (as well as outcomes), and make decisions that are aligned with the team and organisational goals.
What are the benefits of team coaching?
Team coaching can have significant benefits for an organisation. The benefits of professional team coaching include:
- Strengthening collaboration
- Improved performance
- Transparent and honest communication
- Identifying and addressing weaknesses
- Strengthening alignment
What does a typical team coaching session look like?
- Coach and team get present (centering).
- The coach may introduce useful, relevant distinctions based on team issues and needs.
- A coaching programme is created based on the issues and opportunities identified.
- The next steps are planned out. These include actions, practices, and acknowledgements.
- In the first team coaching session, review ethics, processes, timings, goals and aspirations.
- Review and align the promises of the team.
- Strengthen alignment with customers.
- Discuss and align the standards of the team.
- Identify individual and team learnings.
What is the ikigai model?
Our ikigai model is a specialised programme focusing on meaningful strategy and direction. This model is inspired by our core philosophy and aims to build on an organisation’s purpose. Our ikigai programme is a premium offering that focuses on aligning your organisation’s culture with your purpose and making your corporate environment a happy workplace.
Who is Gen Z?
Gen Z or Generation Z – A generation born between 1997-2022. Gen Z’s are characterised by their tendency toward the internet and social media. They tend to care about trends but are also quick to research.